AMI Connect in partnership with Castor Marine are offering Australian boaters access to popular new Starlink Maritime Systems.
STARLINK IS A RELIABLE, HIGH SPEED, LOW LATENCY INTERNET SOLUTION WITH UP TO 350/40MBPS AT SEA
- A breakthrough technology enabling digitalization, remote working, and enhancing Internet experience onboard.
- Starlink can be integrated with existing VSAT, LTE (4G/5G), Iridium, and Fleetbroadband connectivity to create seamless service
- Starlink is a cost-effective alternative to replace LTE (4G/5G) services without range limitations
- As you only need a small antenna, Starlink can replace costly Fleetbroadband subscriptions onboard while offering 100 times higher speeds and volumes for the same budget
- Allows to reduce VSAT bandwidth and costs, while keeping VSAT as a back service and for locations not served by Starlink
Click here to apply for Starlink Maritime
Or call us on (08) 9331 0000
Ordering Starlink from AMI Connect guarantees premium support, seamless integration, and a normal invoicing and billing process. AMI Connect is your one-stop shop provider for an integrated connectivity solution combing Starlink with VSAT, Iridium, Fleetbroadband, LTE (4G/5G), and Tampnet as a Managed SD-WAN service.
What’s in the Maritime kit?
The Starlink Maritime Kit consists of one or two Flat High-Performance Starlink antennas (57.5x51.1cm) with a wedge mount. The Starlink Maritime Premium Kit consists of two Starlink antennas for redundancy and obstruction mitigation. The Starlink antenna and power supply are water jet and dust-resistant (IP56). Up to 6 Starlink antennas can be combined on a vessel or rig to provide a 900/60 Mbps service.
Starlink Maritime Service Plans
There are various options to suit your usage requirement onboard:
- In Motion 50GB priority access data
- In Motion 1TB priority access data
- In Motion 5TB priority access data
Mobility service plans will no longer be bitrate limited to 1 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload after surpassing the allocated Priority Access data threshold. Depending on the service location, the following behavior will apply:
- For Mobility service plans being operated on land or inland waters, Starlink users will receive unlimited Basic Access data after surpassing the allocated Priority Access data threshold.
- For Mobility service plans being operated in international waters, Starlink users will not have Internet access and need to reach Castor Marine via other means to buy additional Priority Access data.
- Priority Access data is giving network priority over Residential Priority Access on the Starlink network. Users with Basic Access may experience slower speeds and reduced performance compared to Priority Access in times of network congestion. See Starlink Specifications for details on Starlink's expected performance per Service Plan.
Starlink Maritime Service Performance Goals
Starlink service doesn’t come with a Service Level Agreement, instead Starlink has set goals it aims to achieve:
|Latency from vessel to teleport
Starlink Maritime Coverage
Starlink Maritime service is now global, providing connectivity to the vast majority of the Earth’s oceans and seas
Be confident support is available when you need it, premium support is inclusive in the Premium Support fee:
|Chat Support (24/7)
|Extended Hardware Warranty with direct replacement from stock
|Insight in Performance
|Enable/disable Out-Of-Bundle Priority Data
|Starlink network maintenance/ outages messages
|Invoice based on Purchase Order
|E-mail notification when reaching 80 and 100% priority data volume cap